- The Panathenaic Stadium, where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896 (short stop).
- Pass by the Prime Minister’s residence,
- Ex-Royal Palace, (guarded by the colorful Evzones)
- Zappion (Conference and Exhibition Hall),
- National Garden,
- Hadrian’s Arch,
- St. Paul’s Church,
- Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier,
- Schlieman’s House (Nomismatic Museum),
- Catholic Cathedral,
- National Library,
- Old Parliament,
- Russian Orthodox Church.
- Continue passing by the Temple of Olympion Zeus
- And finally The ACROPOLIS (visit renovated Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, the PARTHENON and Erechtheion.
After Athens we drive to along the beautiful coastal road of the Saronic Gulf through Glyfada, Vouligmeni, and Fokea to Cape Sounion. You will visit The Temple of Poseidon [5th century B.C.] the home of Poseidon, the God of the Sea, with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world- the Cape with a vertical drop of 70 meters where the rocks meet the crystal clear waters of the Gulf.
Afterward, you can enjoy the stunning view of the Aegean Sea on your own. There is plenty of time to have a drink, and then enjoy lunch or dinner by the sea.
You can customize your private tour at any time you require
Duration approximately 8-9 hours
Sites’ Opening Hours
From April 1st to October 31st
From November 1st to March 31st
Free admission days
6 March In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
5 June International Day for the Environment
18 April International Monuments Day
18 May International Museums Day
27 September International Tourism Day
* The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
* Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
* National Holidays
* The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and
September (when the first Sunday is a holiday, then the second is the
free admission day).
Adults: 12 Euros plus 7 Euros for the Archaeological Museum
The Temple of Poseidon: open daily from 10.00 am until sunset. Last entry is 20 minutes before closing.
Sounio entrance Ticket: 4 euros
Free admission for:
Children under 19
Students from E.U.
Reduced admission for:
Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65
Students from countries outside the E.U.